FINALLY A NEW POST !
World Nutella Day- officially is February 5th. So yes, i' m a day late and a dollar short , but i did bake. I promise to myself to get back here, and present all those delicious recipes..i've been hording for years.
I actually could not find my camera. ..LOOOOOOL So these pictures r pretty horrible, but i assure u the cake is moist and delicious. I am now typing like i text.. See all those inappropriate abbreviations?:(
Nutella Pound Cake
1.5 cups all -purpose flour
1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa
1 cup hazelnut meal ( BOB's Red MIll does make this- just like ALMOND)
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/1/2 cups milk
3/4 cups butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
1 teaspoon vanilla
zest of one orange
1/1/4 cups Nutella spread
1 cup (or more ) of chopped hazelnuts -toasted lightly
Preparation:Heat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat Nutella and butter with the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in Grand Marnier, vanilla and orange zest
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add hazelnut meal to dry ingredients ( u can sift this , but then some gets left behind)
- Add about 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture along with half of the milk Slowly beat until well blended then add another 1/3 of the dry ingredients and the remaining milk. Beat until blended then slowly beat in remaining dry ingredients. Beat until smooth and well blended
- Layer toasted hazelnuts at bottom of bundt pan. Spoon into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean and the cake bounces back after lightly touched with a finger.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then carefully remove from the pan and invert on a serving plate or rack
Yes, u can omit the meal and cocoa all together and just use all flour, even omit the orange I love orange and hazelnut/ chocolate together- a traditional Italian combo ! :)
I should also change this blog to" the poundcake", or" the bundt " ..because that is all i seem to be baking :):..